Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Taking my own advice

Yeah, sometimes you have to take your own advice, and since the emphasis is on more FUN...why not?
I love introducing the kids to classic sounds and they seem to appreciate music, especially Alex. We always made sure we were armed with our secret stash of "sleepy CD's" whenever we went for drives while Alex was a baby - they never seemed to fail. To this day Alex seems to chill out to music.
Ray Charles, God love him, is one of the best, though not part of the sleepy CD ensemble. I am surprised I hadn't dragged that old CD out before now. It is magic. We were on our way into Richmond to do something really boring - visiting a government agency and filling in forms (boo hiss...yawn). These places never seem to have ANYTHING for kids to do, even though the line up is out the door almost, and they seem to only ever have about 2 staff on at any one time.
In situations like these, I find it essential to get the sillies out before the torturous act of waiting forever in such lifeless environments, so on the way there we cranked up my old mate Ray and let loose.
The kids LOVED Hit the Road Jack, I had them laughing and kicking their legs whenever Ray screamed "whatchoo say?" It was great fun, and the sillies...well, they NEARLY stayed away the entire visit to the Government agency.

2 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Kathleen said...

Oh, how FUN! I love Ray Charles too. "Georgia" was the first 45 I ever bought....waaaaaay back when!

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is too clever of you. I do think introducing kids to all kinds of music early is a great idea. Lauraine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home