Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The mish-mash of blah

Alex and Olivia enjoy getting the paints and pencils out, and it is almost that time of year when I should be defaulting to them on a very regular basis.
We have a craft cupboard that holds all the kid's art supplies, which is accessible to them. Unfortunately I had to put the pencils away for a while, because Alex, and then Olivia, seemed to prefer tipping them out onto the kitchen floor, more than they enjoyed drawing with them.
I am not really sure what the fascination is all about, but Alex would tip them out from a great height then roll on the ground scattering them everywhere. I think Olivia just enjoyed the plinking sound they made as they hit the ground. She would casually drop one, then another and then she would up end the whole container. Needless to say, most of the pencils have broken leads inside - Grrrrrrrrrrrr! Thankfully not my good set.
I think that phase has passed now... well, they haven't dropped the bundle all week, so I am happy to encourage drawing again.
They always want me to draw with them and I don't really mind. This is a little something I produced yesterday. It is not very colour co-ordinated, but I like it all the same. All I did was thoughtlessly scribble some black lines and curves here and there, then fill in the gaps - it is like structure out of choas or something. Anyway it is colourful, even if parts of it look like a smashed rotten egg drying in the sun. Try it, it is FUN! Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These colors and the shapes speak to me, intersting! Your a good mom. Lauraine

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Kathleen said...

I'm all for finding creativity as fun! Your doodle is wonderful. Now, if you'd try that with fabric, I'll bet you'd make an awesome quilter!

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger strauss said...

Oh Kathleen! I think I will leave that to you and Lauraine. I really appreciate quilts, I think they are beautiful. I am absolutely dreadful at sewing however. I did go to a beginners quilting class once, but was stunningly awful at it. I can not understand why really - My Mum is very skilled at making clothes.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Kathleen said...

I'm chuckling.....What a shame we don't share the same neighborhood. We'd have you cutting up fabric and sewing it back together in no time!

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger strauss said...

oh sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home