Saturday, September 30, 2006

Relief


The play date at Alex's friends house went WELL. I am soooOOOOOooo relieved. Alex was excited to hear that he was going to a friend's house to play, but as the day before wore on, doubts crept into his mind. He decided that I would be there, but I set him straight about that. Well "why can't Olivia come too"? - She is too little to go on a play date.
"Tippy (his teddy bear) would like to come", I was then told. Not a good idea, but I really had no good reason to give as to why. The bear didn't go. Alex began to relenquish each one of his security items. This time, for whatever reason, his desire to go and expereince, was stronger than the doubts and fears that had previously kept him captive.
Perhaps he had seen other kids getting invited to houses after school, and had wondered why he ahd never been asked - whatever it was, he was ready to fly solo, and having done so, he gained confidence and had a fabulous time.
The difficulty came when trying to convince him that it was time to go home. A bit of a wobbly was cracked, but nothing too major. It was more to do with tiredness, and I don't think he really wanted to make a huge scene. Boy, I am everso relieved, and proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home