Monday, September 04, 2006

Deception Pass

Posted by Picasa After Anacortes, we headed for Deception Pass. The Pass is a narrowish passage of water between Fidalgo Island, and Whidbey Island. It is so named because when Whats-his-name Vancouver, "discovered" the area, he thought that he was looking at a peninsular, rather than an a number of intricately dotted islands....so there you go!
The Deception Pass National Park was beautiful too. A cool, green rainforest walk along the clifftop. We also walked along the bridge connecting Fidalgo and Whidbey Islands; I was standing in the middle of the bridge when I took this picture. Breathtaking view - better than my pictures could demonstrate I am afraid....but what can you do? Whidbey Island is definitely a place I would love to come for the weekend and check out in more detail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home