Friday, September 01, 2006

I am hippy - hear me roar


Yes you read right - for once this isn't a typo (although I can't guarantee the same for the remainder of this article).
"Hippy", yep that's me. No ,no I can take it. I know I am. Ok, well not exactly the social political revolutionaries and deviants of the 196o's, but I am still one.
I am talking about being unfortunately endowed with large hips. I say unfortunately because clothing manufacturers may as well put up a sign, not unlike the one to the left, to indicate that none of their stock is ever going to fit properly in a million years, so please leave quietly AND DON'T COME BACK!!!! Ok maybe that is a slight exaggeration, but if you have a similar physical disposition, you will understand the frustration.
So why am I going on about this time old adage; a social concern that has baffled generations of disgruntled hippy women? Well, yesterday I made a discovery...at The Gap. Australians have probably heard of The Gap clothing store, but I think there are only "Gaps" in Sydney. "So what", you say? Welllllllll....they have a "curvy" line.
Yes ladies, that's right..... CURVY. Hallelullja, Hallelullja (can you hear the angels singing....ahhhhh....). I am soooOOOOOooooo excited about it. Can't you tell?
I bought a pair of "curvy" jeans yesterday and a pair of "curvy" black slacks - they are a perfect fit! Justice has been restored. Curvy women and "hippies" all over the western world can now sleep peacefully knowing that somewhere out there ...they are represented. Oh, The Gap....you are my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Kathleen said...

I don't know if they have Eddie Bauer stores up there...they are really popular here in the NW....but they also have a "curvy" pant line. It's called the Blakely cut. They are available online, if nothing else! Hip,hip hooray!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger strauss said...

Thanks for that. I haven't seen Eddie Bauer around, but I believe there is an outlet store in Bellingham,just across the border. When I get a chance, I will definately check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home