Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Okay.....so we're pathetic


Well.... I am sooooOOOooo glad I had you all rolling in the aisles after reading yesterdays blog revelation that I am NOT "wonder woman" after all...rather, I am just a sad, old housewife who needs to get herself a LIFE. Well even Wonder Woman had an everyday persona.
Ok! I hear you. I didn't really expect any sympathy- especially from the " (boo hoo) I am so, so cold over here in sunny old Australia" crowd, whom I berated with my own form of sarcastic compassionless jibing.
You may be interested to know, however, that Ashley read my blog last night and was suitably mortified by my disclosure, especially since it painted us BOTH as a couple of shaky kneed weaklings, that have been held hostage by a 4 year old brandishing a powerful and ready supply of crocodile tears. And with that, Ashley dropped the dithering Clark Kent act, transformed into Superman, took charge and rang the baby sitter - despite the possible threat of lethal, flesh-eating bacteria writhing in the plain sight of anyone who bothered to look close enough.
So you can all rest assured that the baby sitter has been contacted. We meet her this week when she phones to confirm a time. You may like to know that she is 23 year old ex-nanny, who works in a daycare centre by day and helps look after her 6 year old step daughter. She has all the right first aid experience and is studying early childhood education. I think I have even seen her around, come to think of it, since she lives in THE NEXT BLOOMIN' STREET (Geez!).
So there you go.... you can stop laughing at us now.

1 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for Ashley and you. Now go and have a great time.......you need it and the kids will survive. Mine did. Lauraine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home