Monday, August 14, 2006

Its a cultural thing. OKAY?

I have been accused of bursting the bubble for some people; on more than one occassion, I might add. It is a remark that often makes me stand back and look at myself and question whether or not I had been unecessarily harsh, because most of the time, this is most definately NOT my intention.
But the other day I read a passage that put my conscience at rest....well almost. It was a passage which saw an Australian man describe Australian women to a foreign friend, and it went something like this...
"They're very direct. They hate bullshit. There's nothing like an Austraian woman for taking the piss out of you."
"Taking your
piss?"
"Taking
the piss, " I laughed. "Letting the air out of your chest, you know, ridiculing you, stopping you from getting too many big ideas about yourself. They're great at it. And if they stick a pin in you, to let a bit of hot air out, you can be pretty certain you had it coming." (Shantaram, p. 511).
Well Amen to that! Its a cultural thing. OKAY? (Phew!) Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger strauss said...

Its a fact. I read it in a book, you know.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger strauss said...

good on ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home