Thursday, August 10, 2006

Ok.... I'm refreshed


It has been two full days since the weekend and the yard challenge. I haven't any plans and there are no pressing chores to do. Now what? This is when I start to annoy Ashley with my pacing around and mutterings of "What can I do nooooowwww". Idleness depresses me and so I get nervous when my day begins without any real purpose to achieve.
I like having stuff to do. I like having a plan. We had that long list of outside jobs to do and now they are done. We are proud of our handy accomplishments and now we are able to sit back and enjoy them. That is, if it weren't raining and if we had a garden bench to sit back on!!!!
It is kind of strange that the weather over the past 6 weeks has been clear, bright and warm, and now, once all our work is done, it has rained all week. I am not complaining, the God's must be smiling on us, so I tip my hat, wink at the sky and mouth the words "Thank you".
Scattered thoughts aside, what was I saying? .... chores, work, achievement, purpose ....ah yes that's right.
I was thinking about the chat I had last night with a friend, who said she and her husband were planning a "de-crapping and de-cluttering" weekend. I was almost jealous. I love a good throw out of the stuff that lacks relevance; served its purpose; the long-broken that has awaited in deluded hope of one day ever being repaired (dusty and cob-webbed). Yes, I like a good de-clutter. Things are neat and tidy and organised afterward.
Letting go of the old reduces our load. Somehow we are instantly able to breathe easier, see more clearly and concentrate of fewer things, but with greater intensity. And the best bit, there is plenty of room for NEW crap!

3 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger strauss said...

No way. I would be rubbing my hands together and basking in the adrenaline rush prompted by thoughts of the big day ahead!!! Ha Ha Ha.

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is true, if Kathy was there you'd really get rid of some of the "stuff". She'd make you Heather and not accept the winning and ok lets have a cuppa after a half hour of work. :) Kathy you do write so well. I enjoy reading your blog. Lauraine

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger strauss said...

Thanks Lauraine so nice of you to say. Both of your girls are excellent writers too, and a little birdy told me that you were gifted in that department yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home