Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Day off....



Look at our angel, isn't she pretty?
Today I baked a cake. Alex and Olivia wanted to go on a picnic and with little fun picnicky food in the house I decided to bake a cake as our treat when out. Well, avid readers of this blog will know that I have had one chocolate cake disaster on the record. I have had yet another!
We managed to eat cake on our picnic and I left the cake on the counter before we left, making sure no chairs were left nearby, so dogs could jump up and eat it - THIS TIME.
Unfortunately when we got home I didn't account for the two legged invader.
While upstairs putting fresh sheets on all the beds, I asked Alex, who was helping me, to go downstairs to get something. Soon after he disappeared, I hear a shriek and a desperate "come quick". I rushed down the stairs, knowing that Olivia was down there ALONE and wondered what she might be up to NOW. This is how I found the cake; gauged of its icing and crumbled, and this is how I found Olivia - covered in the evidence. I guess even angels have days off sometimes.

3 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger strauss said...

hmmmmm. 2 year old self control versus um thirty something self control....no comment!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Kathleen said...

Oh, how I laughed! Another one for the memory book.

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather Lauraine shame on you! Now you owe her two bags. Your angel is just as cute covered in choclate. LK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home