Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Beautiful Brazil











I dived into Ashley's brief case as soon as the hugs and kisses, "welcome home" and celebratory lunch were done, and Ashley was safely upstairs unpacking - I was in search of...the camera.
I know, Ashley has been home for over a week now, and I haven't even mentioned Brazil. I guess I felt a little limited in what I could share. To be fair, he was there for work and had no time to really look at anything, most of his time was spent sitting on some plane or idling away the hours in a taxi. But I guess was hoping for a few more glimpses into the Brazil he had experienced.
He had even joked before boarding his plane, that he would take some pictures and would try not to take any photos of car parks. You see, when he came to Canada to scout out his job here, he endeavoured to take some shots of where we might live ,so I could get a feel for the place. He took a couple of pictures of the local supermarket from a really looooong way away, which mostly captured the car park, and he took one photo of some random house, as if this were the standard and only model of housing in Canada...hear that - ONE HOUSE! Not that I really cared to see any photos of houses, or supermarkets and car parks for that matter. I was kind of hoping for some scenery shots....Anyway it became a bit of a joke between us. Well, so I thought.
As I said, I was eager to take in the atmosphere and essence of what Ashley felt moved to capture, the snaps that he imagined I might appreciate and find interesting...the things he wanted to show me and share with me from his time in Brazil. Well... I have included one beach shot of Macae, where his base is located; Macae being the city he spent the most time in...hear that - ONE BEACH SHOT. Actually I lie, this is the beach looking right from his hotel room window, there was another of the beach looking left from his hotel window.
He also had two indistinguishable photos of some fuzzy grey high-rises type shapes lurking in the distance through a dirty thick smog. The rest.....well they
were of his helicopters and their intimate parts....these are just SOME of them. Oi!
Perhaps I should get that Safeway photo framed, with a matt around it to bring out the oil stains from the car park.
Arrrh, he knows I am only joking around ;) XXX



5 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh.. time to get into stock photography. Then you'll see the beauty in the details of helicopter parts. The tail rotor picture is golden! :)

I've already got Heather worried about this. Heh heh.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Kathleen said...

Oh, I had to laugh!! That is SO like a man. LOL!! Discovery Atlas program did a good story on Brazil, if you REALLY want to see some of the country....

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger strauss said...

Yes I agree. He did take some very nice pictures of helicopters and their shiny parts.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger strauss said...

Ha Ha Ha. Girls unite!!!!

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These differences are what keep us opposite and interesting to one another. Or at least it keeps our blood pressure up or we get a good laugh. LK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home