Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A bit early

No I am not going to tell you that it has begun to snow, although the coastal mountains have gathered a visible dusting in the past couple of days - but not much, and none of it has stretched over here....although it sure feels cold enough.
No, it is crisp air and bright blues skies at present- beautiful!
The picture refers to the looming Christmas season and the immediate need for me to start buying gifts so I can get them sent on time. I can hardly believe it myself.
Gone are the days of sprinting out to the shops with only days to spare, and being treated to a battery of christmas ideals - carols, snow scenes, enticements to purchase all the trimming for a sumptuous hot roast christmas dinner and steaming plumb pudding... while in the middle of an Australian heatwave. Aaaahhh, gee I miss that - no wonder the Aussies have such a fine sense of humour.
At this time of year though, there are no carols in the background to assist me on my jolly spending spree. On the up side, I guess the gift buying won't be done under muttered blue, stressed out breath either...that has to be a good thing.
I actually love buying gifts for people, but we are still basking in the orange glow of Halloween, and I hear no sleigh bells a-ringing just yet, but it is a task that must be done soon to make it all the way to Australia in time.
Last year I left it too late. I sent the last of my packages on the 22nd November, and I had to pay express - ouch! So I am determined to beat the postage deadline this year.
Perhaps the post office should deck their halls earlier and blow the dust and Halloween cob-webs off a couple of old carol CD's, to put their international postage customers in the spirit;I think it is only fair. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger strauss said...

I know....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home