Thursday, June 22, 2006

encouragement


I like to encourage people. I would rather encourage people to follow their gut, and try to help someone reignite a spark they are trying to fan, than be the voice of doom. There are too many of those in this world - who needs another one (that was a retorical question).
I believe the only way to grow as a person is to push the limits of your own comfort zone - give it our best shots. It doesn't matter that we failed at something, as long as we learned from the expereince, as long as we gave it our all, our 100% - there is no failure in that. There is only failure when we have not tried, when we have not given birth to our dreams, when we abandoned something knowing we could have done better.
But I have to admit - I often wish I had half the courage of the people I am trying to encourage. The truth of my blog title is not that I think I am brave. Rather, it stands as an encouraging statement - a reminder, even a few words of advice to myself, that fortune does indeed favour the brave, so persist, stand up to the challenge - take the risk.
Oneday I hope to see the lion starring back at me.

1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! This was good advice. There is a lion that looks back at me only it is the cowardly lion form the Wizard of Oz. Thanks. Lauraine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home