Thursday, April 27, 2006

Potty training blues

On the whole Olivia is doing exceptionally well with the potty training. She is very eager to wear "big girl pants" and finally say "bye bye" to the dreaded nappy. Well today I experienced an unprecidented scenario that, I guess, could have been MUCH worse........
I had completed a load of laundry and had opened the lid to put the damp clothes into the dryer, when I noticed this creamy coloured white fluffy fabric. My mind began to mentally scan the kids clothing cupboards - I couldn't remember anything like that. Then I reached out to touch it, the creamy white fabric, which dismantled immediately to my touch. THAT'S NOT FLUFFY FABRIC, THAT THE ABSORBENT GEL FROM A NAPPY OOOOOOHHHHHH!
It was everywhere, piles of it. And it was through every piece of my maximum load laundry. After picking out and shaking each piece of damp washing to release the enlarged gel particles, I discovered the offending article; bloated from so much water. It was tossed unceremoniously into the bin - just as every nappy is unceremoniously thrown. Finally with every piece of clothing out of there, I vacuummed the incredible amount of absorbant gel out of the washing machine. I was very annoyed, but I am pretty sure the nappy was a clean one; as I said - it could have been MUCH worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home