Wednesday, April 26, 2006

You little ripper

I went to Toast masters tonight. I had the timer role, but the night before was asked to be the word master, which means that I come to the meeting with a word, define the word's meaning and provide an example of its usage.
After frustrating myself by flicking through the dictionary at random; trying to find an appropriate, interesting and clever word and failing dismally, I decided to use an Aussie one.
"Ripper".
I explained to the group that it referred to "something really fabulous". My usage example (?)...
"Looks like the snackmaster has put on a RIPPER spread tonight", and "that joke was a RIPPER"! The Canadians loved it! They were so excited to use the word. It was pretty funny hearing them say it. But then again, I suspect they thought it pretty funny hearing me say it, because they asked me to say it alot. And of course I made it sound as ocker as possible "RRRIPPA"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home