Tuesday, March 21, 2006

3 to 35 degrees in one day

Hi, long time no hear.
Well I have just returned from a great trip back to OZ for my friend's wedding, and I must say, I had a damn fine time. I saw most of the people I really wanted to see and I did alot of things I haven't done in a really really LLLLLOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG while.
The flight over was uneventful (just how I like it) and so luch less stressful by myself. Yes, for those who don't know, I took to trip alone, leaving Ashley for two weeks to take care of the kids. I think it was an enlightening experience for him, but he did do a good job all the same.
I landed on Australian soil at 7:20am and had a 5 hour wait until the flight to Adelaide. While most people might sit sighing and looking wearing out their watch by looking at it too frequently, or attempting to sleep in the departure lounge like a bum in the park - I took the opportunity to take in my favourite city in the world - Sydney. First stop QVB - Queen Victoria Building. This is a picture of the inside of this lovely building. It is filled with great shops and excellent cafes and posh tearooms. My main quest was to get something simple yet sylish to wear to Tonya's hen's party. I have mentioned descreetly to friends about my anguish over teh lack of tasteful clothing in Canada, everything that was half decent was a fortune so due to lack of funds and also lack of choice I had added virtually nothing to my wardrobe since the move 1o months ago.
After my success at the shops I settled down in one of the QVB's cafe's for a light brunch. I also took the opportunity to take in my moments of quiet reflection by writing a few pages in my journal, which I won't share in this forum, as they are likely to translate as mere rantings of a crazy woman.
Then I took the train back to the airport, but stopped into Circular Quay to salute the quintessentially Australian harbour. It never fails to disappoint me, the water, the ferries, the Opera House, "The Coathanger" (bridge). Eveytime I have visited Sydney, and it is my 4th time now, I have always had a good time. The first time was with Ashley for our Honeymoon.
But in no time it was time to say farewell and prepare for my flight to Adelaide.
I had left Vancouver after a particularly cold week; it was 3 degrees on the day I left and had snowed the weekend before. It was a breezy 27 in Sydney, but it was quite comfortable really, although my feet were blistered after a very hort time from not being used to my summer sandles. But soon after our take off to Adelaide the captain informed us that is was 35 degrees in Adelaide and I wondered if I might evaporate upon entry - only time would tell..... Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home