Sunday, February 26, 2006

from sublime to ridiculous

Okay so this is probably more in your ridiculous ball park.....
Once again we found ourselves being drawn to the beach like distressed whales.
This time we found ourselves at Spanish Banks which is in the heart of West Vancouver. While this beach was at least sandy, boy was it ugly!
I sometimes look at the river banks and coastal districts around this fair city and its far reaching outer regions, and wonder if the locals might be just a little complacement about the beauty of thier city's location; the lure of the ocean with the back drop of snow-capped mountains, while the calm and serenity that is brought by the sound of lapping waters is sought by so many. I say this because this area of Vancouver, which is absolutely swamped with beach goers in summer is incredibly under serviced. There are no paths or board walks so people can enjoy a leisurely stroll, this car park was inadequately small, and none of the parks faced out to sea, whch forced one to get out of their car to watch the boats and frieghters passing by. The park beyond was scruffy to say the least, and there were no restaurants, cafe or coffee houses to draw people there on coller days (which is pactically always). I can not explain it myself. I just don't know why this area has been neglected; West Vancouver has alot of money, maybe the locals just want the place left as it is, may be people are concerned about the extra traffic this area could bring, should it be serviced. It really think they are delaying the inevitable really, if this is the case.
Now here is the ridiculous part....It was so cold when we were there, that my fingers turned red and I wasn't even game to place them into the freezing waters for fear they might instantly fall off. Alex and Olivia loved it though and were most content throwing pebbles into the gently ebbing tide while I sat in the car attempting to warm up. As I sat there watching them, I wondered why I had not yet grown accustom to the cold as they appeared to have. "I must be weak", I concluded. Then it started to snow!!!! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home