Thursday, March 16, 2006

walking with a wedgy bearing bare-breasted pregnant model

Yep, conjures up all sorts of disturbing images doesn't it?
On the first Monday of my trip to Oz, I helped my good friend Heather with her new business venture. While she has had a maternity and baby merchandise store in Alice Spring for a couple of years now, she has just taken on the Australian/New Zealand distributorship for Bravado maternity bras. So after a successful weekend at the Adelaide Baby Expo, I was asked to help her at the breast feeding association convention, which was being held at the Playford Hotel off North Terrace in the city.
We had to be at the venue at the crack of dawn to set up, but due to the peak hour traffic we had to park miles away and lug all sorts of goods through the city. Boy I wish I had a camera, it really was quite a comical sight. Understandably I refused to carry the bare breasted wedgey bearing pregnant mannequin through the city, but both Heather and I laughed the whole way to the hotel, as we dodged several surprised business people, herds of congregating, bus waiting school kids, all sniggering and whispering while pointing our way, and also a priest who I refrained from making eye contact with. Ahhh, all in a days work - God it was fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home