Monday, February 26, 2007

Fashion for blokes

Last week we took my friend and her new bloke out for dinner at a local restaurant. For whatever reason, my friend and her new man starting talking amongst themselves. I wasn't paying any attention to what they were saying, until my friend turns to me and asks, in a tone that was pleading for support and reason. Her Question? What was my opinion about men wearing white socks with black dress pants.

The couple appeared to be at odds with the answer to this befuddling of questions and conflict makers, as there seems to be a camp of blokes who apparently passed down to their sons, the belief that it is the done thing to match your socks and shirt....at least that was my husband's argument many years ago, when I was merely the girlfriend of my beloved.

So to answer my friend's burning man-socks etiquette question, I had only one thing to offer, and it was the same as I blurted to my beloved sixteen years ago:

"Th-Th-Th-Thriller!"

Oh man, I could hardly contain myself. I turned into a pool of unrestrained giggling stupidity.

I do apologise, but please.....unless you are planning on drawing attention to your moonwalking feet - don't wear white socks with black dress pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home