Friday, July 28, 2006

snarly


A friend, also a blogger, recently referred to me as "Wonder Woman". Yes, I have probably been over doing it lately, but wonder woman I ain't and never will be. I joked to my friend that I could never carry off the wonder woman suit, but it goes much further than that.
Have you ever heard Wonder Woman, or any super hero for that matter, whinge and whine because they were at the beck and call of others. Did you ever hear them plead for some respite from the burden of saving the world from first class baddies. Have you ever known Wonder Woman to ever have a bad hair day or to have asked her friends whether her arse looks big in the wonder woman suit. No? Me neither.
In fact, I basically struggle through each day trying not to bite someone's head off, and keeping it together. I struggle for think space and quiet. I would like to be a better Mum and give my kids fun times all the time, but I don't do that enough. I get depressed when I have nothing to do, and wallow in reflective purposelessness; not knowing how to fill my days. When I do have something to do- some kind of project- I get so excited that I do it all in record time; not enjoying the process, but becoming machine-like to get it done quick, why...I don't' really know. I am an efficiency freak, which annoys the hell out of most people who have had to ever deal with me. I have high expectations of myself and am let down often. And don't let me get started on the body image thing. If anyone ever suggests I even try on a wonder woman style suit, I would be recommending they stick it where the sun don't shine - give me a daggy, over-stretched cardigan any day!!!!
So, as you can see.....I am not wonder woman, although I thanked my friend for the undeserved compliment....but I think Cantankerous Crusader is probably more realistic.

3 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger strauss said...

No one's perfect!
Underachiever....? I think not.

 
At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathy, do are you always so hard on yourself?
You need to set yourself back and look at the things that you are good at. We all struggle with the giving the kids the best of us, but often fail. We just need some time to ourselves and when it is too much, you need some perspective on life and how much the kids have and how luxurious our lives really are. Alot of kids don't even have a warm clean bed to sleep every night let alone regular meals and love, .... lots of love.
Those times are hardest and we need to tie a knot in our rope of life and hang on.

Take care K & A. We are thinking and praying for you.
LV Nick.

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger strauss said...

Thanks Nick. I had been feeling particularly grumpy today - GRRRRR!
Kids parties are stressful and it hasn't even started yet. I have been feeling an unjustified sinking doom all day - geez, how dramatic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home