Wednesday, November 02, 2005

All hail King Alex!

This is the picture of Alex in his king costume; taken by the photo lab. lady from the local supermarket "Save-On-Foods" (see Ladner Pumpkinfest for more details). Alex loved dressing up as a king. He also wore his costume to pre-school for a Halloween party. It was so cute seeing all the kids dressed up. One brave mother had her daughter in a white horse costume.
Halloween night was a bit of a fizzer though. We bought heaps of lollies in anticipations of all the kids trick or treating. Various reports had told us to expect 80-100 one even said 300 - we got 12 kids at our door! There were also news reports that a 5 year old boy in Seattle found a razor blade in his trick or treat bag. For this reason I think fewer and fewer parents are letting their children participate. I noticed that all the kids who came to our door had parents waiting by the road. Our street is also filled with people who have been here since the area was developed 30 years ago, so there aren't that many kids of trick or treating age around. Anyway Alex still got piles of lollies, and we only went down our street.
Here's something funny. A group of three girls arrived on our doorstep Halloween night. I opened the door only to have one girl greet me with a, "G'day mate". At first I thought she has having a go at me, although I didn't recognise her. Then I realised this girl was suppose to be dressed as a Aussie. I reckon she would have wanted to shrivel up and hide under a rock once she heard me speaking to them. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home