Monday, October 24, 2005

Deas Island

Deas Island, which is yet another of Greater Vancouver's regional Parks, is a mere 5 minutes from our place, but until the weekend, I couldn't work out how you got onto it. It was really worth the look. The tunnel that goes under the Fraser River, uniting Delta and Richmond, is situated on Deas Island. You can go there and take one of several walks, some go along the river, so you can watch the boats travelling by (we watched a tug boat haul a huge barge containing who knows what), or you can walk under a canopy of trees through other lanes in the park. Deas Island also has a camping ground and a rowing club. I guess you could also always play in the autumn leaves as Alex and Olivia did. Unfortuantely my camera died while we were here, so I didn't get to capture the essence of the place, but sisnce it is so close I can go there anytime. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home