Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Pumpkin Pie tastes like.......

Well I wasn't game to make my own, although since we had never tried it we probably would have accepted whatever taste and consistency we achieved as being authentic! Nevertheless, I thought we should experience what it was actually meant to taste like, so this one was bought at the supermarket. As you can see it sort of looks like a caramel tart, but what does pumpkin pie taste like........ drum roll please......
Well it wasn't far off a Balfour's custard tart, if you ask me. Distinct nutmeg flavour; baked custard consistency, and not so much as a hint of pumpkin flavour funnily enough. It was okayyyyyyy, neither Alex nor Olivia liked it (the devils), it was good enough to have once a year, but I can't see any of us , hanging out until October next year with a severe pumpkin pie craving. So there, sorry for the anit-climax. I guess the mystique of this North American festive treat, has now been quashed. If this dessert sounds like it is up your alley, here is a link to a recipe site: http://southernfood.about.com/od/pumpkinpies/r/bl21016d.htm- enjoy! . Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home