Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Jack-o-lantern

With the pumpkin that Alex bought on his per-school excursion to the pumpkin patch, I made a Jack-o-lantern. I got the impression that pumpkin carving was a difficult task and only the skilled were capable, but it was easy as supermarket bought pumpkin pie! I knocked this one up in about 15 minutes.
I now realise why Canadians don't eat pumpkin - these one's are hollow. When I cut a lid in the top to scoop out the contents, there was nothing in there but a handful of pumpkin seeds floating around in a few gross bits of stringy goop.
Anyway, the jack-o-lantern adorned our front porch throughout halloween night. I was proud of my jack-o-lantern and haven't yet had the heart to throw it away. Come on... it's got a face on it!!! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home