Monday, July 16, 2007

Decisions, decisions....

Over the weekend, our mate Bruce introduced us to a Vancouver icon - La Casa!
La Casa is a gelato parlour that boasts 218 flavours. 218 flavours! Can you believe that?

We turned up late on Saturday afternoon, and the place was packed. La Casa Gelato is positioned at 1033Venables Street in East Vancouver, not a noted touristy destination, but people know about it.

La Casa Gelato is made on the premises, with the establishment supplying many of the local restaurants around town. La Casa is perhaps not the place to go if you have trouble making up your mind, although the free samples of varieties inspiring the curiosity certainly help in that regard; there are also a number of "cone" options as well.

So what did we opt for? I had raspberry cheesecake, Alex had Mint Choc Chip, Ashley had the the old tried and true- double chocolate chip, Olivia had electric blue Cotton Candy, much of which was worn down her chin and the front of her brand new dress; Bruce went for something more exotic, "Death by Mango" and white, something weird (sorry I forget what the other flavour was).

I wish I had the chance to take my Grandpa to this place; his eyes would have glazed over at the thought.

Verdict: damn good gelato! Will try to remember to visit there a dozen times before we leave town. And for those who may be venturing over our way - remind me and I will take you there ;)

1 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very pa place indeed!. I will remind you as i love gelati. Love kylie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home