Friday, June 09, 2006

a win for the under dog


I have a sore neck - a sore neck that begins at the nape of my neck, continues down through my shoulder and ends at the lower back. I did nothing to it but persist in wearing the same clapped out shoes over and over until the pain became unberaable.
Well enough is enough, and I managed to convince myself that I deserved a pair of new shoes. Friday was the day I would purchase these shoes and I was going to make a day of it, and travel to Richmond to shop! Until.......
I noticed an ad enticing people to make the trip to a warehouse for a once in a blue moon 50% off shoe sale to end all shoe sales.
I decided to put off the Richmond expedition and chance the warehouse sale, figuring the stock would either consist of some hideous variety of synthetic specials retrieved from a musty vault sometime last century, or some overly expensive "designer brand" marked down to an "unbeatable" $250. In either case, I can assure you, neither merchant would be seeing a dime from me.
But alas, something strange and fantastic occured; the blue moon appeared and the shoe sale to end all shoe sales was genuine.
Would you believe I managed to snare one pair of leather loathers for $10, and another more casual leather pair for $30, a cool pair of runners for $20 and some leather summer sandles for $40 - 4 pairs for $100 - I was budgeting one pair for that. Now I am set for a couple of years. Who would ever know that I actually detest shoe shopping ?

1 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job and that is my kind of shopping. Lauraine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home