Thursday, June 23, 2005

Lights Camera Action


Lights Camera Action! I have seen a few movie sets dotted around the place. Vancouver is a popular place to film apparently. On the BC tourism site there is even a list of all the films currently taking place or soon to commence a shoot. Haven't seen any major actors, but knowing me if I even did, I would likely run in the other direction. One I saw was for the movie "Like Mike 2", which was being shot in a basketball court beside the beach in downtown Vancouver. Since this movie is a kids basketball movie it has the essential cast of black extras supposedly intimidating the assumed crappy players and of course the equally stereotypical graffitti wall set along side the basketball court, because EVERY basketball court has a graffittied brick wall - yeah? (Funny they had to build one special). It wasn't particularly interesting, just alot of people sitting around and a group of guys trying to get the ball into the hoop - "take 56". There was another filming in a restaurant close to where Sarah was staying, not sure what it was for. And yesterday we had notice that we were not allowed to enter the parking lot next to the hotel, then as the day drew on a cast of thousands turned up and appeared to settle in for the long term. It was all go, with vehicles arriving all day and into the night. I took the dogs out around midnight and it was still full on. And yet Alex woke up at the unreasonable time of 5:30am, and it was all packed up and returned to normal, as if they were never there. But I see the car park is blocked off again now, so they must do their filming at night and clear off for the day. They are only shooting for three days. I have heard it is for a movie called "John Tucker must die", very classy I am sure. An electrician working for the production crew, even said it looked like a load of rubbish and he wouldn't be wasting his money to go see it. I had to laugh when I heard that, hows that for the vote of no confidence!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home