Thursday, June 02, 2005

Apartment living

Yesterday I nearly pulled my hair out! But I did come to one conclusion, apartment living is not for families, pets or the sanity of pet owners with kids!
I took off early for Ladner, their guide for summer activities was just released and I wanted to know what types of activities were on offer for kids, so I could plan. After that we went to Wellington Point Park, which has a boat launch and a jetty along the Fraser River, some big hills that ALex rolled down and lots of giant sea gulls. We had a bit of a walk around, let teh dogs explore and then went on our way. On the way back, we spotted another park, this one had some walking trails and a playground, so I thought it woudl be good for a look. The walk was great, it didn't lead anywhere particularly interesting, but you felt like you were walking in a deep dark rainforest. There were so many berry bushes; raspberry and blueberry and I even noticed real holly here and there. In the playground were Robin red-breast, whch was nice to see. It was a nice long walk. Then I took teh kids into town and we stopped at a bakery for some lunch. Alex wanted a sausage roll - his standard request in Australia. I don't know whaat was wrong with it, but he didn't like it. "I don't like this sausage", he said. I took his word for it and didn't bother to try it. By this time it was 2pm and the kids went straight to sleep as I began to drive back to Richmond. It was a nice morning and early afternoon. Once we were back at teh hotel, things turned to hell.
They became so bored, Alex kept turning the computer off at the crucial moment, pushing and shoving each other, both of them terrorising Angus, turnign over the whole small space. By 5pm I had had enough " that was it"! I made tea for Alex and sent him to bed. He didn't go to sleep for 2 hours, he wasn't tired, he was bored. There is not much room in here, there is no backyard to play in, which is why visiting the park is so important, and the dogs have no where to escape to. We CAN'T wait to get into our own place - 9 weeks to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home